Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Picks For Oscars 2014





 Its that time of the year again! Oscars are tomorrow and I thought I'd do a post on my picks. I'm a bit of a realist so I'm going to picks of who I want to win and then I'm going to say my prediction of who will most likely win over my picks. So here we go!



BEST PICTURE       
American Hustle 
Captain Philips
Dallas Buyers Club
Gravity 
Her
Nebraska
Philomena 
12 Years A Slave
The Wolf Of Wall Street

My Pick:                                               
Her or 12 Years A Slave                                          
 (Either one and I'll be happy)    

My Prediction:
12 Years A Slave or Dallas Buyers Club

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Christian Bale (American Hustle)
Bruce Dern (Nebraska)
Leonardo DiCaprio (The Wolf Of Wall Street)
Chiwetel Ejiofor (12 Years A Slave)
Matthew MaConaughey (Dallas Buyers Club)

My Pick:
Leonardo DiCaprio

My Prediction:
Chiwetel Ejiofor or Matthew MaConaughey

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Amy Adams (American Hustle)
Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
Sandra Bullock (Gravity)
Judi Dench (Philomena)
Meryl Streep (August: Osage County)

My Pick:
Sandra Bullock

My Prediction:
Cate Blanchett

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Barkhad Abdi (Captain Philips)
Jonah Hill (The Wolf Of Wall Street)
Bradley Cooper (American Hustle) 
Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
Michael Fassbender (12 Years A Slave)

My Pick:
Jared Leto

My Prediction:
Jared Leto

BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
 Sally Hawkins (Blue Jasmine)
Jennifer Lawrence (American Hustle)
Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years A Slave)
Julia Roberts (August: Osage County)
June Squibb (Nebraska)

My Pick:
Lupita Nyong'o

My Prediction:
Lupita Nyong'o or Sally Hawkins

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
The Croods
Frozen
Despicable Me 2
The Wind Rises
Ernest And Celestine

My Pick:
Frozen

My Prediction:
Frozen

Those were my picks and predictions for the top 6 categories of the Oscars 2014. What do you guys think? Leave a comment below. I'd love to hear your picks!



2 comments:

  1. Good picks, you are probably right on a lot of those. I am hoping The Wind Rises wins Best Animated Feature since it is Hayao Miyazaki's final film, and anime is always great, but I also think Frozen will end up winning it.

    -James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that but it must be pretty damn good to get nominated. Frozen is pretty good and its so hyped up but the thing is the Oscars isn't a popularity contest so The Wind Rises could take it home.

    ReplyDelete